Green Card to drive In Europe if No Deal 29/3/19

You`ll need Green Card driving in Europe if No Deal You`ll need Green Card driving in Europe if No Deal

Added on Tuesday 05th March 2019

In the event of a No Deal Brexit it will be necessary to obtain a Green Card if you are taking your vehicle abroad after 29th March 2019. You may also need an International Driving Permit after this date, these can be obtained at the Post Office and not from your broker or insurer. You will need to contact your motor insurer prior to travelling in order to request a Green Card.

A Green Card is an international certificate of insurance, which guarantees that the motorist has the necessary third party insurance cover. These certificates prove that policyholders are suitable insured to drive in these countries and replaces the current European disclosures held on the back of Certificates of Motor Insurance.

Any UK motorist travelling outside the UK using their insured vehicle needs to carry a Green Card as proof of motor insurance in the event that no deal is reached between the UK and the EU with regard to the UK participation in the Green Card Free Circulation Area. This includes for example:

People who drive across Northern Ireland / Republic of Ireland border.

Any UK motorist planning to drive their vehicle in the Green Card free circulation area (EEA, Andorra, Serbia & Switzerland) for business or pleasure.

If you require any additional information or support regarding this issue please do not hesitate to contact us.